Friday 22 October 2010

And so begins a wonderful (but final - sniff, sniff) weekend with the girls...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. The work day was good, and the workout went really well. The Land's End Challenge saw Sammy the Bull log 4 miles in 32:30, which I was pleased with given that I didn't feel much punch in my legs. But the biggest news flash? Crazy biker dude was NOT on the bike!!! No, sir - he's now graduated to the Concept 2 (rowing machine). I will say that he was going at that machine like a rabid banshee chasing a night in a haunted castle (as evidenced by the fact that I was watching for him to pull the row bar out of the machine), and I think he might have found a more effective exercise method. He's still staring daggers at me when I enter, however, so he might be reading this as I type...

After dropping my gear at home, I went to Pizza Express (53p entree coupon - YEAH, BABY!!!) and met Jenny and Lady Catherine!!!! We then tore through some food (and 2 bottles of chianti) before heading back to the flat, where we're about to call it a night (it's pushing 1 but I had to get this out).

And so begins what I expect to be a FABULOUS (but somewhat sad) final, farewell weekend with Catherine and Alison. But I refuse to get sentimental yet, as we've still got the whole weekend in front of us!

Sorry so short, but it's late and I am EXHAUSTED.
Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny (and Cath)

No comments:

Post a Comment