Thursday 7 October 2010

I mean seriously – HOW HARD CAN IT BE to plan a vacation?

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another great (but frustrating) day in the Mother Country. First, the good news – Sammy continued his pursuits in the Land’s End challenge today, logging another 4.25 miles in Regent’s Park (exact same route as yesterday). And whilst the legs felt slightly sluggish today, I felt reasonably strong throughout and even turned in a quicker time than yesterday. Dinger and T-bone – I’m comin’ for you, boys…just a scant 5 months away…actually, there’s no way I can beat T-bone. For Dinger, however – it’s Jimmy Shaker Day. :-)

The other highlight of the day was THAI TAKE-OUT!!!! Any member of the readership knows that Thai is, pretty much, our favorite cuisine (it does battle with Indian constantly). That being said, we hadn’t had it since AUGUST!!!! Staci – I blame you, as the memories of being forced to wear a Stinkees jersey with pretty boy’s name on the back was just too painful to revisit…that being said, even green curry is more powerful than my hatred of the Bronx Bombers…

It was DELISH! 2 green curries, 2 orders of coconut rice, and even some prawns on toast – SO GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD (peppy cheekies). And when you throw in some spicy cheese and EVERYTHING ELSE IN OUR CABINETS that could go bad whilst we’re gone this weekend, you have a recipe for some guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud eatin’…

Also, it brings me great pleasure to inform you that, since I worked from home today, I HAD 2 GLASSES OF MOUNTAIN DEW!!!!!! WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER, BABY!!!!!!!! It was a transcendental experience – I almost wet as I felt the healing power of the dew slide down my esophagus and into my bloodstream, it’s potent healing powers coursing through my veins. Robinsons – you may have very well saved my life. At the very least, you have brought infinite happiness to this Redneck outpost in the British Isles.

The frustrating part of the day came from something that should be SECOND NATURE to Team Taylor by now – VACATION PLANNING. Seriously, JT and I have spent the last 3 nights REVIEWING WEBSITES LIKE BANSHEES trying to figure out our trip to Jordan. We have looked at nothing shy of 40 websites, each containing at least 4-5 tours. That means that we’ve checked prices, itineraries, and availability for TWO HUNDRED TOURS, and do you know what we’ve found? Oh, I’ll be HAPPY to sum it up:

1. 7 days of sight-seeing will cost you around $7,000-$9,000 USD – NO EXCEPTIONS
2. There are NO tours available the week we need (Thanksgiving week) – all booked up
3. Day 1 of the 7 day itinerary is a flight that gets you to Jordan JUST BEFORE MIDNIGHT
You are on your own for meals – almost ALL of them

So it seems that, as much as Team Taylor believes you only live once and that we work simply to travel, Jordan might not be the “big trip” of 2010. That being said, Team Taylor is already working on the back-up plan (insert Woest shaking his head and saying, “Well, of course!” here). More to come as the date approaches…

Okay, that’s all the news that’s fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment