Saturday 23 October 2010

Sacrilege in the Wharf and Hassling at the Doot - is the Apocalypse upon us?

Family,

And a good Saturday morning to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. IT'S THE WEEKEND!!!!! Yesterday was a good one, even if I was tired for most of it. For starters, just getting ~6 hours of sleep didn't help, but the cure for that is a little thing called Starbucks. And I am pleased to report that, after just 16 consecutive months of going there daily, they FINALLY remembered my order in advance. Hey - better late than never.
Lunch was Tortilla (guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud - peppy cheekies), which came on the back of Sammy's 6th consecutive workout in a row (I just realized that I've used the word "consecutive twice in two paragraphs - odd...). I logged scant 18 KM on the bike in a 30 minute session, but I was pleased overall. I'm definitely taking today and tomorrow off, and then I reckon I'll do a 10K run on Monday. And now that I have the secrets of Carly "the Speedy Ninja" O'Sullivan's running playlist, I fully expect minutes to just DROP off my time (but Carly, seriously - BIEBER? Come on...).

So after work, Owain and I committed a terrible sin, one that perhaps Hitman will never forgive (and now, it wasn't given the fat, tired, and sweaty kid more Snickers). Instead of hitting the Music Factory, we met Catherine and went to...to...(I'm scare to say it) - THE NEW PUB!!!!!
That's right - The Welsh/Appalachian Express took Manchester's finest to the Henry Addington, where we had a nice seat and drank some guuuuuuuuuuuud beer. I had a Timmy first, but I think I have FINALLY come to the conclusion that I need a prolonged break from real ale. Consequently, I went back to Heineken, which was fab (as always on this side of the Pond!).
After parting ways with Owain, we rolled back to the flat, picked up Muffin, and then rolled to the Doot. And whilst Jenny's meal was one of her faves to date, my food (for the second time running) wasn't as good AND the new staff CONSTANTLY TRIED TO MAKE US ORDER MORE FOOD. Finally Perfect Pumpkin popped (after the 3rd "Don't you want naan bread to share?) and said, "We come here a lot and we know what we want." The look on her face said it all, and he the dude backed off quick. GO MUFFIN!!!!!
Honestly, we'll take T-bone there for sure, but I'm taking my waning interest in our local curry house as just another sign that it's about time to pack it up and move on.
Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!
Love,
Sam and Jenny (and Cath)

No comments:

Post a Comment