Tuesday 19 October 2010

A good night's sleep cures EVERYTHING...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. Sammy is a NEW MAN today, fresh off 7.5 hours of sleep! I mean, when's the last time that happened? The reason would be the AWESOME massage Perfect Pumpkin gave me last night. 2 seconds later I was down for the count. The best part is that my ear pain is totally gone, my foot feels much better, and both armpits (I am still shaking my head) are in recovery. Here's hoping tomorrow I can bathe without pain (yes, yes - pathetic, I know...).

So the Land's End Challenge approached 400 KM's today, with Sammy going 5K in 24:07. Crazy biker dude was back on the stationary today, and I KNOW he caught me looking at him. But how could I help it? Today's ritual was as follows:

1. Go hard for 3 seconds (yes - three WHOLE seconds)

2. Exhale as though you're giving birth to octuplets at the same time

3. Stand on bike - wait 15 seconds

4. Watch John Cena do a move on Raw (ALWAYS on the telly)

5. Go even harder for 3 seconds (again - three WHOLE seconds)

6. Look so in pain you'd think there's a cougar clawing his way out of your chest (Ricky Bobby style)

7. Rinse-repeat

Seriously - this guy was going at it when I got in and going at it when I left. I am mesmerized. Today I started thinking of what I could say to him to spark a conversation about his unique Tour de France training routine. I think I'm gonna say, "I have a friend from home who shaves his legs a lot, wears lycra, and is fascinated by your technique. What exactly do you call it?" Bets on whether or not I can keep a straight face?

The work day was good, so no complaints there. I had a salad again for lunch. That makes 3 salads in a row (as well as 2 AFD's, I might add). I'll have another one tonight, but Muffin is in the Wharf tomorrow, so we are going out! And the craziest part - it WON'T BE NANDO'S THIS TIME! Shocking, I know...stay tuned...

Tonight is another low key one for Team Taylor. I've just downloaded a few new songs on i-Tunes, including that song with Eminem and Rihanna. I gotta tell ya - it's AWESOME.

Lastly - Dad - full marks for the speech today. I wish I'd been there, as I'm sure you were great. I'm proud of you.

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment