Thursday 7 October 2010

Hangin' with the Bristol Pistol...

Family,


And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. First off - GOOD NEWS! On the verge of despondency (pathetic and overdramatic, I know, but you should have seen us last night - WEAK), thinking that the Middle East was closed to us and that there was no way into the "Peace Capital of the Middle East" (seriously - that's one of their slogans - again, I will say it: I can't make this stuff up), Team Taylor logged on this evening to figure out another option for vacation. As I brought up "Morocco vacation packages," I noticed a link that said "Responsibletravel.com - trips to Morocco and Jordan." Sure enough, we click on this link, and it's got THE EXACT ITINERARY WE WANT ON THE EXACT DAYS WE HAVE TO HAVE!!! And best of all, it's WAAAAAAAAY cheaper than the other FIFTEEN BILLION SITES we'd visited previously. So that's it, family - WE'RE BOOKED!!!! Bring on the Bedouins, baby!!!!

Second announcement – there will be NO BLOG after tonight until Tuesday. Why, you ask? Because Team Taylor is taking Jenny’s birthday trip as an excuse to explore some more of the Terrier’s homeland. That’s right – the Taylors are headin’ to Marseille, baby!!!! Oh yeah! Bring on the cheese, wine, ice cream, wine, and more cheese. Oh, and we’ll probably see some churches as well…

The Land’s End Challenge continued its inexorable march today, with Sammy logging only 18 KM on the bike (had to do it at lunch, so it was abbreviated). The total to date (with only 2 weeks left) is 239.5 of 970 KM completed. Needless to say, I’m a little behind…maybe I’ll bike 600 miles tomorrow to just close it out…

Tonight was a great night, as I got to hang with my buddy Duncan – aka the Bristol Pistol (a darts man from way back). Big D and I worked on the Transition together, and he was over from Ireland (where he serves as the “Mayor of Carrick” as well as working for the Bank) with his new team doing some work in exotic Bromley Vegas. I met his brother and some of his college mates, all of whom were great. I was very well behaved, keeping it to just 3 beers. That didn’t stop his brother, however, from ordering 2 rounds of shots for us (MORE SAMBUCA – DAMN IT!!!!), but fret not – I soaked up all that booze with a nice healthy late night run to McDonald’s, where I polished off a large fry and Big Mac (I asked for a Quarter Pounder, he rang up a Quarter Pounder, he charged me for a Quarter Pounder – sorry, Royale with Cheese, and then said “it will be 4 minutes for the Quarter Pounder – I’ll give you a Big Mac instead” – Gotta love that customer service, baby…). Ba-da-ba-BA-ba...I'm lovin' it (Megs - that was for you).

I’m now back at the flat, where it’s time to pack up for France. We can’t wait!

Okay, that’s all the news that’s fit to print. Everyone have a GREAT holiday weekend, and we’ll chat Tuesday!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment