Wednesday 20 October 2010

Doing the unthinkable - lunch in the Wharf somewhere OTHER than Nando's...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. 3 AFD's in a row! What's become of us?

Sammy crossed the 400 KM mark in the Land's End Challenge today, logging 35.5 on the bike in an hour of spinning. Tomorrow's a run day, but Friday I should hit the halfway point. Bring it on, baby!!! And yes, in case anyone's curious - psycho spin dude was there. He knows I'm staring at him now, and he's been looking back. A confrontation is brewing. C-Web actually looked up this dude's approach on-line, and apparently it's a fat burning technique. I'm more concerned about it being a "machine breaking" technique, as that bike was rocking off its hinges today. And as I type this, I now realize just how much airtime a TOTAL STRANGER has received on my blog lately. I might have to introduce myself and get a picture just to complete the experience.

So lunch today was GREAT. Muffin was in the Wharf, and we ventured over to the "undiscovered country" by the new pub. We hit an Italian joint called Amerigo Vespucci, and we arrived at 11:45 to a TOTALLY EMPTY restaurant. Sure enough, they seated us, but the kitchen didn't open until 12. They were shocked we didn't want wine (because who doesn't before 12 on a Wednesday?), but they soon adjusted to the quirky Americans. I think they were somewhat confused when we ordered the same main as well (papadelle a salmone - 2 kinds of salmon!), but the food came out quick and was DELISH! It was a neat place, but it was a bit pricey and is NO la Figa. Consequently, they probably won't get the nod again.

Other than that, not a whole lot else to report. Muffin Puffin is at the store procuring groceries, and I'm about to put on our newest i-Tunes selection: California Gurls by Katy Perry. I know, I know...TAKE MY MANCARD. But I can't help it - it's AWESOME. Real men dig gummy bears flipping birds, right?

Lastly, I realize that the blog has been totally devoid of images lately, and we meant to rectify that one today (blame Sammy for that). However, we've got peeps in town tomorrow, so we'll definitely remedy the mistakes of the week to date.

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print - chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment