Tuesday 5 October 2010

God Bless the Robinsons and the Great State of Texas!!!

Family,


And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. I'm happy to report we're on our second AFD in a row, and I'm fresh out of the shower after logging ~4.25 miles in Regent's Park for an evening run. The weather was PERFECT for running - cool, gray skies, complete with a beautiful sunset just on the other side of the ridge.

The weather is NOT, however, perfect for much else, as it's rained pretty much every day for the past week. I hate to admit it, but there's no denying that the weather has officially turned. Forget Fall - Winter has arrived. Grrrrrreat...

Two highlights for the day:
1. Today I discovered an a capella version of "On a Boat!" It was HILARIOUS. If you hit youtube and check on "On a Boat - Hellacapella 2010," you will NOT be disappointed. Note - not suitable for any members of the readership who also happen to be parents of either the author or editor/photographer. Old School Cool, Megs, Shogun, Hitman, Fizzy, and the rest of you out there - it is AWESOME.

2. I received a present in the mail today from "deep in the heaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart of Texas." That's right, folks - the Wild Wallaby and the Pool Shark sent us a package. I must confess that, at first, I was quite confused. And then, when Jenny pointed out that the postage was $58.50, I honestly COULD NOT think what on earth was in that box. Unable to contain my curiosity and excitement, I broke out the steak knife and tore it open.
What did they send, you ask? Why, nothing short of ambrosia, the nectar of the gods, the mead of Tennessee rednecks, the very essence of the Fountain of Youth, is what! That's right, Sammy is now the proud owner of a PAIR OF 2 LITER BOTTLES OF MOUNTAIN DEW. OH YEAH, BABY!!!!!! Bring on the sugar and caffeine!!!!!

Guys - opening that package was HILARIOUS. Thank you SO MUCH!!!! You have NO IDEA how long a dry spell it's been!!! I feel I speak for my wife when I say that this benevolent gesture truly is the gift that will keep on giving... :-)
T-bone - I'm counting on you to keep this trend going when you arrive (just 3 scant weeks from tomorrow, for the record!). Henry and Jenny - so you know - I won't drink it tonight because, well, I would be awake for the NEXT 3 DAYS (I'm no longer acclimated to the stuff). Come next Saturday, however - ALL BETS ARE OFF. THIS GUY'S GOIN' DANCIN' (CP - Dancin' Armadillos!!!!)!!!!!! WOOOOO-HOOOO!!!!!!!

Okay, the Gin Blossoms are blasting on i-Tunes and there's a salad that needs to be prepared (Yazz - we weren't kidding - this IS the extent of our cooking).

That's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,
Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment