Tuesday, 29 March 2011

After a 20 month hiatus, it's time to welcome some old friends back to the blog!!!


And a good evening to you from across the globe after another GREAT DAY in the Lion City. Ladies and gentlemen, after a 20 month hiatus taking them to the British Virgin Islands (the land of poisonous reefs, cheap rum, and VERY professional consulting), I now present the perennial nomads (props to O-vino for that moniker), back in action - LISA AND DAN!!!

That's right, folks - Lisa and Dan are in the Sing for some job interviews, and they are staying with us at casa de Typhoon Taylor. They arrived last night, at which point we rolled down to Hog's Breath (to spend the last three Hoggster Dollar coupons, baby!!!!) for a brewski before heading over to Boat Quay for our first ever meal in that locale. The classic moment was when Dan said, "My only rule is that we don't eat in a restaurant with pictures of the food." I couldn't help but chuckle, as you can't actually FIND a restaurant in Boat Quay THAT DOESN'T HAVE PICTURES on the menu. However, we found a GREAT place (free first drink and black pepper venison - oh yeah, baby), and so all was right with the world.

Muffin Puffin actually took today off to hang with them, and they had a GREAT day. For starters, they hit up McRitchie, where they logged the 7 mile "rainforest romp" in about 3 hours before heading over to Raffles place and hitting up one of the "famous top 5" Hawker stalls. Apparently this place is pimped out, unless Seah Im (the local hawker stall by the office).

It should be noted that they saw TONS of monkeys, and apparently they saw a T-Rex as well (I think they used the phrase "really big lizard," so I'm just going with it). Paula - you would have absolutely LOVED it - apparently Big D was taking more photos than Muffin Puffin - it would pretty much have been your own personal hell. But hey, at least the weather was nice!

After galavanting around Singapore, they hit the pool for a bit before I got home, at which point we rolled down to Sailors for some AMAZING Italian. I had Italian for lunch as well, which means a) I feel fat as a damn bear, and b) I should have PLENTY of fuel tomorrow morning during my run. The Bull's actually worked out both days this week, getting up at 6:30 to jog on Monday (as did Perfect Pumpkin!) and 6:45 this morning to log 30 (SLOW) minutes in the pool.

Other than that, not a whole lot else to report. It's SO GREAT to finally have visitors in the Sing, and I need to get back to them!

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!


Sam and Jenny (and Lisa and Dan)

No comments:

Post a Comment