Wednesday 16 March 2011

How's this for Asia warping my mind - I LOVE MY STANDING 7 PM WEDNESDAY MEETING...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the globe after another GREAT DAY in the Lion City. Today was another busy one for the Bull and his gang, but I did get time with Muffin Puffin for lunch. We hit Han's again, mainly because a) Jenny LOVES their spicy tuna on Focaccia and b) I love the fact that it's $2 a sandwich and in the air conditioning. I will say that she was less than impressed by the amount of tuna placed on the sandwich, but the 11 pounds of watery coleslaw more than made up for it. I had a fried egg and cheese (even though I asked for fried egg and bacon; I mean let's be honest, the fact that they can understand ANYTHING I've said is a small miracle), which was tasty.

The workout was the pool for perfect pumpkin and the gym for me, where I cycled for 50 minutes. Oh, and the BIGGEST news? I heard "I CANTS GETS NO SLEEP" at the gym!!!! That's right, sports fans - home boy was back to "makin' mad luv on 'da heath, tearin' off tights wid 'mah teef" - those are some quality lyrics right there. Now if I can just hear "klepto insane," I'll truly feel as though I've come full circle.

Tonight comes with a single, completely random observation. As I dialed in for my weekly 7 PM (8 PM until this week) call (Optimal Governance) tonight, an insane thought occurred to me - I am actually EXCITED about this call. Why, you ask? Well, a couple of reasons. First off all, I LOVE most of the cats on there (Des-X, All-Pro, Havana, Fantabulous, C-Web, etc - the list goes on and on), and this call is the only time I get to chat with them. Secondly, when you're this far away from the folks you've worked with for years, it really is WONDERFUL to hear their voices, get some of the old camraderie, and feel like you're a bit more connected to them again. But perhaps most important - ALL OF THE OLD NICKNAMES, JOKES, AND PHRASES GET THROWN AROUND WITH RECKLESS ABANDON. On that call, I AM the Siberian Snow Leopard. On that call, I CAN fire people mercilessly. And on that call, threatening to burn down everyone's house WON'T get me caned. Honestly, it's the little things in life, isn't it? But Yazz - I'd still like to gut you like a fish...just sayin'...

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

The Siberian Snow Leopard and the Body Combat Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment