And a good evening to you from across the globe after another GREAT DAY in the Lion City. I have no lie to tell - Team Taylor is SORE AS HELL today. Seriously, I can certify the following statements as fact:
1. My shins wouldn't hurt this much if a Mack truck had run over them, backed up, and run over them again...with NAILS IN THE TIRES.
2. My hip flexors can no longer flex. All the can do is continue contracting into my body, crushing every bone they pass.
3. Oddly enough, I still don't have a 6 pack. My dunlap is just as big as ever. Scratch that - when you wear running shorts, it looks EVEN BIGGER.
To balance all this out, Sammy the Bull went for a swim in the pool tonight. I logged probably 1100 meters or so, but I was going at a SNAIL'S pace. There were people sitting out by the pool, and I imagine they found me HILARIOUS. After all, considering I move just like Snooty, I want to be enjoyed on my "day out" as well.
Muffin Puffin was again the featured striker of the Kandy Kickers United Football Club. The Red She-devils were once again too much for their opponent, and JT even broke one of their faces with an error shot attempt. You can't stop her - you can only hope to contain her.
In other "I ate a pineapple" news, I shopped at a Japanese grocery store for the first time ever. Things I observed:
1. Things are written in Japanese. I don't speak Japanese, so this made shopping a little bit difficult. However, most things (the dead ones, at least), are fairly recognizable.
2. Just like in Japan, Japanese things ARE A FORTUNE. 4 slices of deli turkey? $3. 1 single serving of lettuce? $8. Oh yes - we can't WAIT until we rock Tokyo.
3. If it's flown in from Japan, it will be a) organic, b) tiny, and c) BE PRICED AT $4 MILLION DOLLARS. They have a UK section as well - items there were priced at just under $3 Million.
Other than that, not a whole lot else to report. I am just hoping that the soreness goes away in advance of my long run this week, scheduled for Thursday. Fingers (and salt tablets) crossed.
Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!
Hopalong Sam and Fleetfooted Jenny