Friday 21 August 2009

An early but fantastic night with T Dot's finest...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond – IT’S THE WEEKEND!!!! Today was a great (but quiet) day in the Smoke. Work was good – I treated myself to a Costa Vanilla Latte (yeah, St. Peter will greet me with one of those in Heaven – it’s pretty much the greatest thing on earth) and a Ham & Brie Panini. I was STARVING this morning, which is crazy when you consider that I ate about a third of the Red Army’s month rations last night at the Chinese joint. All that being said, that Panini was guuuuuuuuuud.

After work, I went for a workout (my fourth in five days), where I was about to exercise for 35 minutes, nine of which were running! I did a five minute stint and a four minute stint. The good news is that I was actually able to do more than just a slight shuffle. The bad news is that it did start hurting again during both sessions. However, I’ve now found the breaking point – the 8.6 km speed on the treadmill. 8.6 is the point where I go from a shuffle to a jog, and that’s when the pain instantly starts. But hey, still making progress! In fact, today we had the walk to and from the Tube stop (a mile each way), the time in the gym, and a walk to and from Covent Garden (about a mile and a quarter). This is exactly why you carry your trainers (aka tennis shoes) everywhere you go over here in your backpack. Case in point - JT and I changing our shoes out last night for the walk home.
After the workout, I went home, met JT, changed my clothes, and headed to Covent Garden to meet Megs. We passed on going to the Porterhouse (RAMMED) and The Maple Leaf (I just couldn’t let her go in out of principle – Muise – you’re with me on this, right?) in favor of a pint at the Coal Hole (Timmy T for me, of course). We then wandered over to a Thai joint called Manoram, where they were about as friendly as Pol Pot but did serve some delicious green curry. Megan – we forgot to get a picture – we must make amends tomorrow.

Now we’re back at the flat, where it’s bed time for this crew. After the week we’ve had, we are absolutely EXHAUSTED. Tomorrow we’ll get up about 9, at which point we’ll head out for the day’s adventures. However, you’ll have to check back in 24 hours from now to see what the adventure of the day is.

Last note – I finished reading “The Exorcist” today. HOLY MOLY that book is scary. I honestly think the first 250 pages are better than the last 150, but it’s still worth taking the plunge, as it’s a fantastic book. That being said, if you are easily offended – STEER CLEAR. Not sure what the next book will be. I’ve made the executive decision to NOT start book 3 of the Twilight Series until after we return from vacation in September.

Okay, that’s all the news that’s fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment