Wednesday 26 August 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen...WE HAVE HANGERS!!!!!!

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond. First and foremost – NOTICE!!!! After tomorrow’s installment of the blog (that would be 27 August), the Taylors will take a break from their nightly postings due to their planned vacation. However, the blog will return to life on 7 September (viva Argentinean independence) with a special “double issue,” detailing the exploits of the Taylors and giving you the 5-10 best photos from our trip. Apologies in advance to all the faithful out there, but the missus and I are unplugging from everything.

So, next big item – pictures! Tonight my lovely wife went to a goodbye shin-dig for Carolyn Parnell, an expat who’s been here for 2 years and is repatriating soon (you'll remember her from the "celebrity sighting at the cheese shop" incident). In addition to farewells and vino, tonight was a “please take whatever you want out of my house free so I don’t have to throw it away or watch Sam blow something up because he doesn’t know how to work converters” party, and we are now the proud owners of a stylish new clock radio (if only I were Rod Roddy).

Also - we have more hangars!!!! We continue to move every closer to that lofty yet slightly unattainable goal of hanging up all of our clothing to avoid constant ironing. Hey, when life is this good, something’s gotta be tricky, right? Actually, JT, thinks we might actually have achieved the pinnacle - we have found the Holy Grail!!!
As for me, after 3 days on the wagon, I eased my body back into what it can expect in Germany by meeting the one and only Mark Johnson for a beer and dinner in Canary Wharf (Price – since you are now just skimming for new beers – it was a Kirin on draft). A pint and a green curry later, I felt fat and happy. And hey, I worked out today, so no complaints.

All that’s left to do now is empty the washer/dryer unit and hang up all the clothes on the rack because THE DRYER DOES NOT DRY AT ALL – NOT A BIT – NOT A WINK – NOT AN IOTA. I actually took the last batch out after 40 minutes of drying and was about to WRING OUT MY BOXERS (not a pleasant thought really, I know…).

Okay, that’s all the news that’s fit to print. Chat with you guys tomorrow before the hiatus!

Love,

(A soon to be very relaxed) Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment