Monday 24 August 2009

The Quest to beat Kannouchi resumes...and a REALLY good dinner...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond. Today was another great (albeit) quiet day in the Smoke. I skipped the workout this morning (I can’t believe how well I slept last night!), choosing instead to get some exercise after work. The good news – the foot held up under the pressure of actual strides!

I shattered all personal records in the “injury era,” including the following notable highlights:

1. Longest continuous period of cardio exercise: 37 minutes

2. Longest continuous run without screaming in pain and begging for morphine: 7 minutes

3. Farthest distance traveled: 4 km

4. Fastest pace achieved: 10.8 km/hr

5. Longest total time running: 12 minutes

6. Most calories burned: 286

Honestly, while I know it’s still a LONG way back, it really did feel like an actual workout, and it felt guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud.

I got home to the smell of a stir-fry. That’s right – my wife is the next Rachael Ray – period. She whipped up a vegetable medley with sweet & sour sauce all over a bed of rice – it was delish!

Tonight will be uber low key, with just some reading and relaxing (I picked Red Dragon, in case anyone had a bet either way, and I’m happy to report that it’s pretty solid a quarter of the way through). We’ll see whether or not we favor the morning or the evening workout, but I’d like to slide in some weights (if you can call it that) as well.

I realize that this was less than exciting, so I offer up the fact that the hospital Florence Nightingale’s (I’m everywhere Fokker – play some defense!) left to go to Crimea is in my neighborhood . That’s a pretty neat thing to walk past every morning on your way to work, eh?

That’s all the news that’s fit to print. Chat tomorrow (as we chase the 7:30 barrier in my quest to become a knight of the Royal Kenyan Order).

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment