Thursday 6 August 2009

SHAKE AND BAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Family,

And a good afternoon to you from across the Pond. As I type this, it is absolutely POURING outside. We are talking a true “hide the women and children, load the animals two-by-two, and will someone please go find the unicorn” type of storm. In fact, it’s the strongest downpour I’ve ever seen in all my visits to the UK. Case in point, check this artsy shot of my pants. Yeah, I can now think of 1 downside to the 15 min walk to the Tube…

Today, however, was great. The only downside was saying good-bye to my partner in crime, brother Ray Tavares, who will depart the mother country (well, not his mother country – he’s Portuguese) tomorrow (wife and three kids in tow, of course) after just over a 4 week stint.
The photo here is Ray and I doing our normal “Talladega Nights Shake and Bake,” which happens rather frequently, much to the confusion of the Brits who have no idea about “sweet little 8 pound 4 ounce baby Jesus, playin’ connect four, don’t have a care in the world” or about the man, the myth, the legend that is Ricky Bobby.

The upside to Ray’s departure? Free lunch at Nando’s! Nando’s is a Portuguese chicken joint that specializes in peri-peri sauce. Talk about fantastic eating. I am definitely getting soggier and soggier around the mid-section, but life’s too short to pass on peri-peri sauce!

Also, I learned a GREAT new British Finance (um, yeah, I know…I work in payroll – cut me some slack) phrase today. When you want someone to do something and you are the person mandating the deadline, tell them “I’m two ten to the nastro.” Apparently, it has something to do with wire transfers and automated clearing houses. To me, I think it’s just something out of Top Gun (Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full).

Okay, that’s all the news that’s fit to print. Tavares clan – safe travels! Ray – we’ll see you in a week…SHAKE AND BAKE!!!!!!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment