Tuesday 25 August 2009

Krispy Kremes and Christmas Dreams...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond. Honestly, nothing of interest to report tonight, so we just wanted to tell our friends and families that we love and miss them, and that we're already looking forward to the following:

1. Bob Tacy challenging his wife, daughters, and son-in-law to an "Oh, Hell" death match.

2. The Cheese Sampler at the Opryland Hotel - 'nuff said.

3. Meeting the newest edition to the Rice family.

4. Eating Hawthorne's with T-Rowe and company (and celebrating the fact that Carolina is undefeated whilst Duke is unrated - sorry, Mandy - couldn't resist).

5. Getting the Taylor clan together again, this time under happier circumstances.

6. PICASSO'S CARIBBEAN CREEPERS.

7. Fat Tire on draft.

8 Watching Bowl games with dad (as he falls asleep at 7 PM).

9. Jenny's mom blowing a gasket when Copernium Cable fails.

10. Playing craps and Pai Gow with EVERYONE we know.

We are in the countdown mode to vacation - just two days to go!!!! Honestly, I have tried to keep it at bay, but it's chasing me like a banshee now. Tomorrow we'll start packing, ensure we've got everything printed out, and (hopefully) cut my hair. Fret not - provided it happens, we'll ensure we get a "before & after" photo to commemorate the occasion.

It should be noted that, despite my best efforts to be a healthy chubby bunny, the lovely Lynda Grimshaw sabotaged me today by bringing in KRISPY KREME FOR LUNCH! I fought with all the will power I could muster, which lasted all of 3.8 seconds. Two donuts later, all I could think of was that I should sign up for my next marathon, injured foot or not...and for the record, some tightness but no real pain to speak of today!

Last bit - my wife wants the Iron Chef in mortal combat - he names the secret ingredient. Tonight was veggie Madras and Quiche - I'm tellin' you - she will run Johnson & Wales within a year of our return. :-)

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. I promise we'll have a picture tomorrow (Warf, CP - don't give up on me yet!).

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment