Friday 9 October 2009

The Carter Clan, Proper Write Locks, and Yes…there’s an app for that…

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond on this fantabulous Friday. First off, apologies for no blog last night, but after helping to split 3 bottles of wine…well, let’s just say it was bed time.

So last night, we made a long overdue trip to King’s Cross to visit some of our oldest friends in the UK (dating all the way back to 2006…eons ago) – the Prime Minister himself – Mr. Andy Carter, his lovely wife Jill, and the new wee one (3 months old!) – Grace.

This was our first time seeing Grace, and she is absolutely adorable. However, as Grace stayed up with us almost the ENTIRE time, I had a revelation that I’m AC (who I know is reading this) and Jeebs can appreciate.

For whatever reason, babies who ALWAYS sleep through the night and maintain their schedule go haywire when they are around me. Georgeanne (AC and John’s wee one) has pretty much slept like clockwork except the 2 times that Jenny and I have been over for dinner. Watching Grace stare at me for 4 hours, I couldn’t help but wonder if it’s the accent that’s just terrifying smaller children. I have a feeling that, if these kids could speak, they would start calling me Jabberwocky…

Anyhoo – it was GREAT to see them and catch up with them, and we had an absolute BLAST.

I started out with a cask ale, but I switched to red wine once I had a sip of Jenny’s. The good news was that this stuff (Spanish) was AMAZING. The bad news is that Carter seemed to have unlimited bottles of it, and somehow my cup was always more than half full…

Also – we got take-away from mine and Jenny’s FAVE Indian joint (Shogun, Hitman – TRAPS SHUT ABOUT STEP IN INDIA – that place is good, damn it – we just went on an off night) – Spices. This place is AMAZING. It’s a tiny little dive that whips out dishes FULL of flavor (and heat, of course). Lamb Ceylon…so guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud (peppy cheekies).

So, the funniest part of the night – we are talking about the i-Phone and how there’s an app for everything. I start with Urban Spoon, and then we throw in a few others we know about and what it can do. Then Jill asks, “Do you mind if I feed Grace?” Well, of course we say no worries, at which point she grabs her i-Phone. In a moment of confusion, I ask: “Why the i-Phone?” Jill’s response: “Oh, I purchased one of the breast feeding apps.” Gang – it was all I could do to NOT spit red wine all OVER the place.

As it turns out, this app (apparently one of 5 breast feeding apps) can do the following:

1. Tell you how long it took to feed the baby


2. Tell you the amount of time between feedings


3. Tell you which breast you used last time

Honestly, Apple – I have to give you credit. Your slogan “Yeah, there’s an app for that” is now officially 100% true.

Okay, that’s all the news that’s fit to print. Another blog comin’ shortly!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment