Monday 26 October 2009

Sundown at 5 PM...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond on this fantastic Monday. The sun was down today at 5, and it was PITCH BLACK at 6 PM. Not ideal, but the bigger concern for me is how I will manage to keep myself out of the pubs when it's this dark, cold, AND rainy. So far, at least, the weather's been brisk but not bitter, and it's been quite dry (knock on wood).

Not a ton to report today - I am happy to report that I ran a 5K in 24:30, the best time for me in a long time. Considering that I've had foot pain since the "long run" on Friday, it was happy to pull through today. Tomorrow will be weights (CP - let's keep the laughter to a minimum, shall we) and the bike, which should hopefully give the foot another day to rest before running again on Wednesday.

As I type this, my wife is back at Body Combat, no doubt learning how to rip someone's head off with just her thumb whilst doing about ten million squats and jumps with barbells. Look out, Queen City - we are soon to have the next Sheena Easton on our hands.

Lastly, I've started "Wildfire Country," and so far (50 pages in) I like it. Too early to give it a thumbs up or thumbs down, but I get the sense I'm drawn to it because it's set in the Yukon.

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Salad for din-din tonight, and an AFD. Muff Puffin, hurry home - I want to see the haircut with curls! Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment