Wednesday 7 October 2009

The magic of TWO cell phones...who knew?

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another fabulous (yet rainy!) day in the Smoke. First off, whilst I realize that I’m now bound by a covenant of silence to not reveal last names of co-workers, I would like to thank a certain Transition Executive nicknamed “The Hitman” for offering up his cell phone whilst he’s not in the UK. Today, for the first time EVER on this assignment, I was actually able to call my wife and make dinner plans. Who knew technology could be so helpful? But for the record, Ray, this doesn’t for a single second change my motto: “Back to Paper, baby.” That’s all I’m sayin’…

So, after 3 straight days of salad for lunch and dinner, JT and I decided it was time for hot food tonight. The winner? A new joint on Great Portland Street named Vapiano.

So this place is great: you walk in, and you’re instantly given a card (Roger & Merritt – this is EXACTLY like Rich Tree Market, except your meal doesn’t cost you 14,000…Canadian, of course). Then you walk up to the different food stands, select your entrĂ©e, get a buzzer, and then go find a seat. We selected two Pizzas: Raclette and Diavolo, both of which were uber-tasty. Throw in a bottle of wine, and you’ve got a recipe for success.

Also, other key points:
1. Today broke the streak, but prior to this evening’s vino, I’d managed two consecutive AFD’s. I actually think I heard my body thank me, as it was afraid it would actually start to recover before I busted it up with the Carter Clan (tune in for tomorrow!). As it is, I’m certain my body is starting to wonder what in the WORLD is going on and why I’m giving it all this stuff called “water.”

2. I logged another 5K today – slight foot pain, but it stopped hurting as I sped up. If that’s not motivation to get in shape and run faster, I don’t know what is.

3. I still think the Polka Dot jersey in the Tour de France is a RIDICULOUS IDEA.

For the record – today was the third straight day of miserable weather, with the umbrella out wherever you go. And whilst I equate it to Hurricane Andrew, Brother Morgan today said, “Yeah, it’s not too bad out there today – in fact, it’s getting much brighter.” It seems I have a lot to learn about perspective…especially since I wore a TOBOGGAN to dinner tonight (aka ski hat, beanie, or took for you Northerners/Foreigners). At least I was sporting my football colors – GO HAMMERS, BABY!!!

Okay, that’s all the news that’s fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

P.S. VA – GREAT news – can’t wait to see you!!!

P.P.S. Marriott - thanks so much for the card - SO SWEET! You guys have a GREAT time in the Smoke - I HATE we'll miss you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment