Tuesday 6 October 2009

The Weather Turns...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond. Well, it's official I think - the British summer has ended. How do I know, you ask? Let's consider the evidence...

1. On the walk to work this morning (7 AM) it was already dark. When I left to go to the states, it was at least bright outside.

2. Gale force winds have now decided it's time to blow constantly on cross streets. It's a good thing I don't have the "Senior in High School Pony Tail" hair to contend with - otherwise I might have to result to gel...juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust kidding.

3. The sky is 100% gray...and all the same cloud. We are talking a blanket of cloud that would make Stephen King proud.

4. Rain - I mean, this country has to stay green for a reason - and now I remember why. And don't think your umbrella will save you either...that's what #2 above was designed to prevent.

All the same - no complaints. In fact, it was almost refreshing this morning, walking under the umbrella amidst the neighborhood buildings, looking at them the way they were meant to be viewed (amidst drizzle) and appreciating them anew. For some reason, I have always enjoyed the brisk English air on my face and in my nostrils, and I got a healthy dose of it today (of course, talk to me in a month, and I might be telling you I've packed it in and am moving to Bora Bora).

On the jogging front, I managed a 5K today in under 27 minutes. While that's not a great time by any stretch of the imagination, it was good to just be able to run a consistent pace for 3.1 miles - I'm comin' back, baby!!!!!! Knock on wood...and mom and dad - I'll be trying out the new kicks tomorrow - I'll give you the update!

Okay, normally I'd say that's all the news that's fit to print, but I've got one more addition tonight. I'm about to post a second blog for the evening, which should have posted Monday night. It's the recap of my weekend with the fam. I'll invite muffin puffin to do the same with her weekend, recapping her time with Catherine and her visit to exotic Blackpool (talk about some GREAT photos), but in case she doesn't want to write, I'll ensure we get some Blackpool photos out there for the faithful in he coming days.

Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment