Saturday 31 October 2009

We'll always be Blood Brothers...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after a FABULOUS Saturday! Okay, so first off, as you'll remember from the earlier post, we were struggling mightily when we got home last night. Consequentially, we didn't get up till about noon (shocker, I know). We milled around until 2 PM, at which point we rolled out and had a GREAT brekkie at this little place called Cosy. I went with the DOUBLE English Breakfast, whilst Jenny went with the Halal Breakfast (meaning she got spicy sausage and halloumi cheese). So guuuuuuuuuuuuud.

After that, we walked to Leicester Square, where we picked up tickets for my "birthday show," and one that had been on our list for a long time - Blood Brothers. Now in it's 21st year, this show came with high praise, and we got tickets for a great price. However, since it was 3:45 and the show didn't start until 7:45, we obviously had some time to kill.

Knowing that my bladder would never allow me to drink more alcohol, soft drinks, coffee, or even water, we spent the next four hours walking, ensuring that I sweated out any drop of liquid left in my body. This walk proved to be wonderful, as we rolled past Trafalgar Square, past Big Ben, Parliament, the Eye, and down along the Thames. It was great, as it served as a fantastic reminder of how amazing this place is and how truly blessed we feel to be living in this great city.

Also, I got to talk to mommy! Jenny got to chat with her dad for a bit as well. Dad - I called you 4,167 times on 38 different phone numbers, all to no avail. We'll try you again tomorrow.

We walked back into the West End for the show, and it was very good. I will say that it is my least favorite show of the four we've since since being here, but it was still very good (with a VERY powerful second act). Next up for us (we think) will be War Horse, and Jenny's just confessed she wants to see The Woman In Black as well, which I saw in 2005 and am STILL having nightmares from.

On the walk home, we got two Steak and Stilton pasties (SO GOOD) - we didn't know how hungry we were! Also, I grabbed a Magnum ice cream bar just outside our door (white chocoloate - hey, it's my birthday weekend, for cryin' out loud).

After chatting with Rice for a bit, we're off to bed. Early (well, earlier) morning tomorrow for the rugby!

Also, I finished "The Wildfire Season" by Andrew Pyper tonight. Good read, well paced - not spectacular. Next up - Son of a Witch - finally!

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment