Sunday 18 October 2009

We're back.....and introducing....Runway Model Jenny!!!!!!!

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond. We're back!!!!! Okay, I promise that, over the course of the next 2 nights, I'll give folks the recap from Turkey. Monday will cover our time in Kusadasi, and Tuesday night will recap our time in Istanbul (yes, yes, feel free to sing the "They Might Be Giants" song here). But let me give you this confirmation now - Turkey is, without a doubt, THE BEST trip Team Taylor has EVER taken. For anyone who likes traveling, add this to your short list. More to come (and hopefully convince) soon, but suffice it to say that it was AMAZING.

Okay, as for today. We got home around 5 PM and instantly set about the business of tidying this house and putting away dirty clothes and such. During this unpacking debacle, my beautiful bride dug out two key purchases from Turkey - her Uggs and a pair of "Seven" jeans (Kim - I'm guessing that only you will appreciate the label, as I have NEVER heard of them - which I know you will all find odd considering the fashionista that I am...). And so, posing for tonight's photo, check out my tractor beam of hotness (tip of the cap to Ricky Bobby for that one): Runway Model Jenny - version 7.0.

Tonight has been low key, but I finally had my first ever Skype conversation! JT and I talked to the Rice clan (7 weeks to go!) for about an hour, getting all caught up on life in Volunteer Country. Gang, consider this my plug - if you are NOT on Skype - do it, DO IT. It was SO GREAT to not only be able to chat in real time (for FREE!) from our apartment, but also to be able to see the person you're chatting to (except when they whip out random ass avatars of aliens and mutant cats vomiting like something from the exorcist). Price - I know that, despite being the HUGE Oprah fan you are, you have been a Skype holdout. It's time to get on board, dude - if it helps any, I'm sure Carre Four sponsors a "Skype jersey" for the dude who uses the service and shaves his legs most often.

Dinner tonight was the old post-vacation staple - the Ranjoot, where JT ate some Garlic Chicken whilst I polished off a vindaloo. I'm still sweating...

And AC - I FINALLY finished "Guns, Germs, and Steel!" Yes, I did it! I'm somebody now! My name in print!

Also, I tackled Matthew Reilly's "Hell Island" on the flight home. It was a TINY book, so I barely get credit. But hey - it's another book down!

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Highlights (and pictures) coming tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment