Saturday 11 July 2009

Day 1 - We're here!!!

Hello family! So, in an effort to stay better connected and ensure you guys know what we're into (and that we don't need bail money), I thought I'd start this blog. I'm not promising daily magic, but even if we don't get to talk everyday, this is at least a way for you guys to see what foolishness is the theme of the day in "the Smoke."

I have absolutely no idea how this is going to work (this is my first ever blog), so bear with me as we work the kinks out.

Key bits for the day:

1. Landed early (meaning 6:45 AM local time). We slept NOT A BIT on the plane, but I'll venture due to the excitement. Also, I will happily recommend "Duplicity" - very fun, well written flick.

2. The drive from Gatwick to London is like taking the Trans-Siberian. If we hadn't had EIGHT suitcases, I would have just jumped the Express. However, we did ride in style in a sweet beamer!

3. Had a GREAT English breakfast on the high street by out flat - this place is amazing! SO HAPPY we picked it.

4. Concern of the day is the foot - after 3 good hours of walking, it suddenly gave out. I've iced for the day, but it is a bit frustrating to not be able to walk in a European city(especially one this size). Oh well, that's why they invented Ibuprofin.

5. My perfect pumpkin is currently PASSED OUT. Too cute...


Okay, let's see how this thing goes...chat with you (hopefully) tomorrow!

Love,
Samwise (aka "Assignee 47")

No comments:

Post a Comment